Our District | Our Community | Vision Statement | Mission Statement | Core Beliefs | Employment | Family Resource Center
The Hornell City School District consists of approximately 1,500 students housed in the following buildings; the North Hornell school serves grades PK-1, the Intermediate School serves grades 2-6, as well as a grades 7-12 senior high. The Columbian School currently houses the Family Resource Center as well as some pre-k programing.
The district provides outstanding facilities for all its students and maintains a strong commitment to high quality instruction and instructional technology. The district features a state of the art classrooms and athletic complex which includes a lighted synthetic turf field, all-weather track, lighted baseball and softball stadiums. The district’s swimming facilities are housed at the Intermediate School.
All the district facilities are in excellent condition and/or are slated for improvement through the successful capital project vote held on December 20, 2022.
The City of Hornell is a rural community that offers a strong public school system with a wide variety of sports and educational activities year-round. We are nestled in the beautiful Canisteo Valley of Upstate New York, also known as the Finger Lakes Region. Hornell is located south of Interstate 390, just off State Route 36. The city is a short drive from many tourist highlights such as Letchworth State Park, also known as “The Grand Canyon of the East,” The Corning Museum of Glass and Swain Ski Center.
Hornell CSD Vision Statement
Together, preparing students for their future.
To nurture, encourage and cultivate lifelong learners who contribute to a diverse society as productive citizens.
Our community believes that:
- All students can successfully reach their potential, using their unique abilities and talents to become responsible, productive and contributing citizens.
- All staff members will continually improve their practices in support of student learning, develop significant relationships with students and collaborate with staff, parents and the community to make a difference in students’ lives.
- A quality educational community:
- anticipates changes, is data-driven, plans and acts in response to a dynamic world
- provides a caring, safe, secure and inviting climate
- fosters a culture of responsibility, respect, trust and pride
- models and actively engages the local, national and global community.
Thank you for your interest in the Hornell CSD. Our faculty, staff, and administration are at the core of our success. We continue to seek dedicated, high-performing individuals who share our passion for supporting students and preparing them for the future.
Find out more about openings within the district and how to apply on our Employment page.
Family Resource Center
The Hornell Area Family Resource Center is open! Drop in with your child (ages birth through 12th grade) and explore all of our play areas, including a kitchen, grocery store, post office and reading space. The center is located at the Hornell Columbian School.
Please see the Hornell Area Family Resource Center Facebook Page. (Facebook)
The center is closed on Fridays, school holidays, and snow days.
The Family Resource Center offers a variety of events at the Columbian School and around the city.
See a full calendar of events on the ProAction of Steuben and Yates, Inc website.